1/14/2006

Walker Brook 1/14/06

Walker Brook, MA
1/14/06
Med/High level
Class IV-V(-)


Dislocation/ Larkham's Rock

Rob had his "incident" here and seems to always have some excitement at this spot. Just upstream from here, after the bridge above the campground is where I got into the left bank which was up in the trees. I got in the trees once and pushed myself out and then I was again in the trees except this time upside down. I pulled my skirt and stepped out holding onto my boat and paddle while Rob and Kory paddled through. As Rob was fighting to help me, I said "I'm good to go/I'm fine" and later he said he wasn't sure if I was being sarcastic or not. I guarantee you will know if I need your help, and also, I usually save the sarcasm for the take-out or at least an eddy.

After fighting the river to empty my boat and trying to get back in the river I was exhausted. I look over my shoulder and Carl is standing over me looking down from the road like God in the clouds. My first thought was... "how in the hell did some tourist find me along this river" The crazy things that run through our minds?

I threw a rope up to Carl and he helped pull me up to the road and I called it a run. I was upstream from Larkham's rock about 300 yards...go figure.

So the swim is the reason I have all of the rest of these photos.

James, Rob & Kory

James, right of center on the second to last drop right in Chester, MA.

Kory is boofing and Rob is lining it up.

Rob's sinkin' it, and Kory is in the back.

Check out the paparazi on both right and left banks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home